Saturday, October 11, 2008

What about my mother?


Well, my mother endured it all. I didn't understand what she was going through all those years. I never talked to her after my fathers death about what she went through. I have over the years learn to understand her sacrifice of keeping our family together for the sake of me. She was the last of 11 children. Her mother died while she was in the 10th grade, and she never returned to school. I don't know the circumstances of how she met my father, but I would guess it was at a local bar. She was a GREAT mom. Always there for me. Football practice, baseball, boy scouts, she took me everywhere. Always trying to keep me safe from any and everything. She deserved better than what she had. She had a tough life and I understand that now. I love and miss her.

For now, c'est fini.

No comments: