Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Various obsessions


All my adult life I have gone through various obsessive behaviors or hobbies as I prefer to call them. I don't know why I go through these phases. Is this related to being an adult child or alcoholic parent? Currently, my obsession/hobby is collecting and reading about vintage bicycles. Some other hobbies have passed the test of time and I continue to do them on a regular (but limited) basis. These include geocaching and where's george. Some of these obsessions have taken time away from my family, though in recent years I have worked hard to not let myself take much time away from my family. The content of these are harmless. It is time away from the family where the harm lies. I wish someday that this obsession will be reading! Not that I hope to avoid the family, just that I would love to read more. Reading, or lack of, is a whole other topic that I could spend time writing about.
Currently I collect, on a very limited basis, vintage bicycles. I don't have money to really go all out in this hobby, but I enjoy seeing other collectors' collections! I currently own 3 vintage Schwinn bikes, including a cool 1969 Deluxe Twinn tandem. Enjoy the pics of the bikes...time to get the kids up and ready for school.
C'est finis!

No comments: